Maca is a crusiferous vegetable that grows in the high altitudes of Peru. It’s also one of those “popular” testosterone boosters with lots of happy users. However there’s still one study that shows no effects on testosterone levels after supplementing with Maca.
Personally I can’t believe that study, as it’s sponsored by a competing testosterone booster firm, and there’s just so much wrong with the whole study…
1. Maca is shown in this same study to increase sperm production.
2. Maca is shown in this same study to increase luteinizing hormone (LH) production.
3. Maca is shown in numerous studies to improve sexual performance.
4. Maca contains this compound called DIM which lowers estrogen levels very effectively.
5. Maca is very high in zinc, a mineral known to boost testosterone.
6. Maca has been shown to decrease cortisol levels.
7. Maca is a well known adaptogen.
Still somehow this study claims that Maca has no effect on testosterone levels?
So in my opinion, it’s either that Maca works in very mysterious ways, or the whole study is not worth believing.